The Jim Liles Student Award is intended to assist students who want to make presentations at a CSA Southeastern Region VI symposium. These presentations may be on any costume-related topic. The work should be well researched and may or may not be thesis, dissertation, course research project, independent study research, or senior project related. Up to TWO students whose papers are accepted will receive up to $500 each to cover travel and other related expenses. Registration for the symposium will NOT be included in the $500 amount for award recipients.
- Email a 2-3 page abstract, double-spaced, including select bibliography and up to one image to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a cover page listing title, author, address, phone number, email address, University or College affiliation, and faculty advisor.
- Abstracts will be judged on clarity, objectives, evidence of thorough research, and significance.
- Deadline for submission is mid-summer for the autumn regional symposium.
- To be considered for this award, student presenters must be CSA members.
- Papers accepted for presentation should be approximately 10 pages in length (25-minute presentation time limit).
- Students who submit papers to the general call for 25-minute papers will also be considered for this award.
- All submitters will be notified of the jury's decision in late summer.
Questions may be directed to:
Kim Miller-Spillman, 859-257-7779, or email@example.com